- 19:26 Pattinson is pulling off Blue Steel really well #
- 19:27 Last thing I was expecting: twilight clips at the goddamn Academy Awards. #
- 19:56 AAAH! #
- 19:56 A WONDERFUL HUGH JACKMAN SONG AND DANCE HAS TURN INTO HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL NOOOOOOO! #
- 20:03 Okay, that's an awesome line up of actors. WALKEN! #
- 20:06 @Twitterkins and I have now laughed myself to death. #
- 20:28 If the BBC can make Tennant super old, Benjamin Button doesn't deserve makeup/visual effects Oscars. I imagine the budget was considerab ... #
- 20:29 ...ly less for DW. woops #
- 21:14 I like Queen Latifah, can't we have a simple fucking montage that doesn't involve the director going back so far we can't read the names? #
- 21:16 I wish we just had the montage. That was terrible. #
- 21:19 Reese's dress looks disheveled. Is that how it's supposed to look? #
- 21:29 I wish Jonny Stew was hosting. #
- 21:37 Woo Winslet! #
- 21:43 Where the fuck was Clooney tonight? and why wasn't he being gay with Brad Pitt? All he had to do present an award and wink at Pitt. #
- 21:43 lmao Pattinson is cracking me up #
- 21:44 Adrien Brody should have stuck is tongue down Penn's throat #
- 21:57 Regarding Bale and Depp in Public Enemies: GODDAMN! #
- 21:59 oh god Ewan as a priest. Sweet jesus. is there anything hotter? #
- 22:01 sorry about the spam tonight everyone. #
( I've started! )
I finished my first year at the UofU and I started my second.
I got a 4.0, finally.
I saw Wilco 3 times and met Jeff Tweedy.
I saw Andrew Bird, Tilly and the Wall, Neko Case, Retribution Gospel Choir, and The Fleet Foxes.
I went to California, twice, both times very fun and awesome. The first time I went, I went to PCA/ACA conference with Haley and Jasie, and it was geek/nerd heaven for me.
I went to Idaho for the first time. Not remarkable, I know, but it was still a new place.
I VOTED for the first time! Late August to November were crazy, and politics became my new crack.
I declared my major.
TV I watched and enjoyed muchly/squeed over: Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Torchwood, Doctor Who, Classic Doctor Who, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, 30 Rock, Top Gear, QI, Peep Show, That Mitchell and Webb Look, Californication, Weeds, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, and The West Wing.
Movies I watched for the first time: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Fight Club, Clerks 2, 12 Monkeys, Burn After Reading, Tropic Thunder, The Dark Knight, The Philadelphia Story (and many many other Cary Grant movies), American Psycho, The Dreamers, The Exorcist, Nosferatu, The 2nd X-Files movie, Planet Terror, Death Proof, The Queen, Waitress, True Stories, Diary of the Dead, and Willow. Probably more, but I can't remember them at the moment. Oh, and I've watched half of Apocalypse Now: Redux over the last few days. Watching that movie is like reading Heart of Darkness: I can only handle so much before I want to take a nap.
Books I read: Mostly just stuff for school, but in the summer I read Misery. Yeah I suck at reading when I'm not required to, but I read a lot of awesome things for my classes, that I am apparently far too lazy to list them.
Overall grade for 2008: A- It was pretty kickass for me I think. I know I've forgotten stuff in this post, since I tried to type it up in 20 minutes.
Well, I'm off to Salt Lake with my mom so I can get a ride to Staci's party in Ogden from Flora. I wish I had a car.
Happy New Year everybody!
I've been watching The West Wing and falling in and out of sleep on the couch. It's been nice, and whenever I wake up to see the two dogs passed out either next to me or on me, I blame them for my sleepiness. The only reason I can't stay awake is because 8:00 a.m. is their crazy hour where they run around and bark like idiots. And I was stupid enough to stay up until 3:00 last night. Apparently I can't survive on 5 hours of sleep during my winter break.
Breaking news in my sleepy naptime post: OMG I GOT A 4.0!!!!!!1111!!!ELEVENTY!!!!
YES! SUCK IT, FALL 2008! YOU ALMOST KILLED ME, BUT I WON!
Ahem. Now, I think I'm going to finally relax, and I'm not going to feel guilty anymore about doing nothing but watching The West Wing and taking naps. In fact, I think I might just go crazy and make a mix.
EDIT: VISUAL PROOF! :DDD
My mom took me back to Salt Lake today and she brought her new maltese puppy. That dog is the cutest damn thing in the entire world. Her name is Jackie Brown and she is just so adorable and cuddly. She's so small and energetic. Today she ran around a lot and chased me around the yard. Afterwards she was pretty exhausted, and on the ride to Salt Lake she passed out on my lap for the entire trip. There is nothing better than an exhausted puppy in your lap that only wakes up to get you to start petting it again. I miss that dog already. I want to steal her from my mom.
( TV meme snagged from kantayra )
Three finalists: Kirk/Spock, House/Wilson, and Spike/Buffy.
Now, I'm considering House/Wilson because omg last night's episode. I am still squeeing over it. I loved it, and I love those two and just how awesome, hilarious, and fucked up they are. And I love how they can pretty much be described as a TV couple now.
Spike/Buffy because they were my first major ship, and I still love them in a big big way, even though it was the most frustrating ship ever. My biggest TV wish is still that those two reunite. I know it will never happen, but man oh man I want a big ol' Spuffy reunion complete with yelling, hitting, hilarious misunderstandings, angst, and hotness. I want that more than I want John Simm to play Sam Tyler again and more than I want John Simm to come back to Doctor Who, and those are some major TV wishes of mine.
Kirk/Spock is the epitomy of the perfect tv couple. They trust each other no matter what, they love each other, and they're really hot together in the TV series and really adorable in the movies. You know, I think Kirk/Spock wins this. They're the TV couple that makes me grin stupidly because of how great they are, they win. Man, you know what was awesome? When Spock thought he killed Kirk in Amok Time, and then Kirk
(Honorable mentions: Sam/Gene, Chuck/Geoffrey, Spike/Angel, and Mulder/Scully)
EDIT: omg he's a regular, and he's so adorkable, and he and Hannah are so cute and awkward and aaawwww!
- I know, my subject line is lame.
- My weekend was pretty good. I hung out with Jasie in Provo for the whole weekend and it was lovely. We watched zombie movies on Friday which was pretty fun, except there were two guys there who would not shut the fuck up during Diary of The Dead. Saturday we went to Ikea and Wal-Mart with Jasie's friend, which was more fun than it sounds. And on Saturday night we went to a party and watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure in someone's back yard on a projector. I won a Pee-Wee button in a trivia game because I knew that Laurence Fishburne played the cowboy on Pee-Wee's Playhouse. And on Sunday we went to church (I nearly fell asleep multiple times) and after that we went on a picnic. Sunday was the nicest day ever and the picnic was fantastic. When I got back to Kamas I hung out with Dalton and some of his friends last night, which was a lot of fun. :)
- I completely failed with the week of photos meme.
- I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I love Top Gear. When I realized that it would be on tonight I practically squeed.
- I also love Weeds. Man, that's an awesome show. And I have such a crush on Mary-Louise Parker and Justin Kirk.
- And apparently that's all I've wanted to talk about. It seems like the bullets weren't necessary.
I've been watching Jekyll with Haley and Jaime and I like it, but I don't have this overwhelming urge to finish it. It's a very interesting show and I do want to watch the rest of it but I just can't get into that "OMG I MUST FINISH THE SERIES RIGHT NOW!" mind set.
Well, I suppose I'll go clean my room now. Wooooo.
I love Life On Mars so hard! (Yes, I've switched from angsty introspection back to fandom squeeing. I get over things too fast.)